Photo gallery

Monday, March 23, 2009

another installment in the Job saga!

I have so many people looking out for me at the moment, but it is hard to decide how much is concern and how much is their own "agenda".

I have not made any decisions regarding my job! I dodn't know what is the best decision and have had at least on conversation (on email) and many more in person with people about what to do with the time i have left and how I would feel working on my own very day and then there is the potential for someone new.

Below is the email that i am refering to when i say that i am so confused. There is so many pros and cons. I know that everyone is giving me advice regarding possible outcomes but i know that until it comes to the crunch I won't make a decision.... i won't do anything until my hand is forced.... that always seems to be the way I work!


This email began because of a job ad i found...

From Him to me

You can do anything you put your mind toooooooooooo!

Sounds like a great opportunity.

Start writing out your reference from me addressing their criteria and I will give it the extra magical touches.

You will never know if you never give it a go..........

I think its the challange of not knowing if you can do it that permits you to succeed.

Over confidence and not meeting our own expectations is a sure way to fail.

GO FOR IT

Think about how much you will be able to save for that holiday.


From ME To him

Mmmm I will work at it ….

Sometimes I just think it is too hard to do something that makes me use my brain….. and that makes me work full time.

I have been thinking that I will need to start doing something that pays into my Super. Having you talk about it makes me realise it is something I need to be thinking about … and so many people keep telling me that I need to work on getting a career.

I guess it is just easy to do the work when it is for marks then when it is for real. I don’t really know if I am capable of doing the job but I guess they will figure that out at the interview.

From him to me

Super for me is knowing that there will be something to pass on to my daughter, not so much to retire on.

There are professional students and people with a profession (career).

Why work for marks when you can work for $$$$

Which one pays more?
With William, think long term not short term.

What will benefit him more?

You have made my job a lot easier here but really your skills are wasted here for the sake of convenience.

Its taken me three years to realise OWNER will not look after me if it came to the crunch, what he will look after is himself and his $$$$

Will he look after you if I go or stay?

Look at the big picture with yourself at the centre, if you take care of yourself first you will be happier, stronger, wiser and wealthier. William can only benefit from this.

I will be taking this job as soon as it is sorted out.

I am looking at the big picture with me at the centre and know it is not only the best decision for myself but in the long term the best for Emmi too.

I dont even think I will include my time here on my resume, the title of "Slumlord" I dont think is too impressive, but like yourself I have stayed for the sake of convenience and thats exactly what I have become to OWNER" a convenience". The difference you or I can make here is only for personal satisfaction OWNER couldnt give a rats arse as long as the $$$$ keep rolling in.


From ME To him

I have been trying to look at it from my perspective…. Trying to think of what is best… but the answer I can’t find is to this question. What is best for William? Having me around everyday or having me working earning money and paying someone else to look after him?

This is the one that is killing me at the moment. I wish I could answer your questions but long term has never been something I have been able to do. Getting through the day is more my speed. LOL

I agree with you in respect to OWNER…. But you already knew that.

You need to get out of here asap. While it is hard for me to say that I too see that this place is not good for you at the moment. This environment is not where you need to be, for you or your daughter. But Will isn’t exposed to it like Daughter is and with me there I get to pick him up and drop him off everyday. For quite some time you were heralding these very benefits of the job, and now you are keen for me to get out of there. This is confusing me.

You have a few more years experience and knowledge on your side, but you also have the knowledge that your daughter is cared for and loved by her mother. Maybe this is my block but having only myself to back up to for William means that he needs to be closer to my centre when I am making my decisions….but maybe I am wrong on that scale too.

Anyway I don’t want to talk about this until we know when it is all happening.

As for my reference I would prefer if you were just honest with my abilities as you see it. Most places will call you anyway.



No comments:

Post a Comment