Photo gallery

Sunday, November 14, 2010

GF PIZZA Sunday

The LM and I decided to have a Pyjama day today. We had a very late night last night with friends visiting, chinese for dinner and then out first foray into COLD ROCK ICE-CREAM, which I have to say is pretty amazing for a treat.

The LM had Bubblegum flavoured ice-cream with Nerds and I had Peanut Butter with Malteasers.. Yummy!

So today we decided to sleep in, stay at home and make pizza base (GF of course) and then tonight we will top them with our favourites with what is in the fridge.

We started with a Pizza base recipe from Jamie Olivers site, but I needed tweak it a little because of the GF flour.
I used 800g flour instead of 1kg ( I was going to do half a recipe but ops, used the original amount of water so then had to adapt. -  thats what happens when you are trying to be smart and are cooking with kids hehe).

 What we ended up with was edible, but also very stuck to the greaseproof paper so maybe I should have put it straight on the plate.. but I was concerned about it sticking to that too... oh well back to the drawing board and will try something a little different next time. I have two lots of dough left so will buy more cheese next shop on friday and try some more options next time... maybe greasing the pan first??

I was wondering if I should be doing this, spending a heap of time standing and sometimes sitting in the kitchen making the pizza instead of just having something simple for dinner....
When I look at this pic I know it was the right thing to do... He enjoyed it so much and seemed so carefree doing it that he started pulling faces .. and being a general twit... and a perfectly normal little boy.... considering how non normal our lives are at the moment I am very proud of how he is dealing with everything.



What face is your favourite???

1 comment: