Photo gallery

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Any cures for bad luck???

from here
My luck has still yet to change.

After having planned to head to the Sunny Mummy meet up yesterday I got myself up dressed and prettied all in time to get will to school and then was heading over to Glenorie.

Unfortunately that was not to be! I got out to the car only to find that overnight some fool (insert stronger expletive!) had smashed the back window of my car!.

Cue anger and then tears and that was before I even realised what was missing. I called the police and made a report, waiting for them to come I realised I still had to get my LM to school. Thankfully a friend was still in the area before her going to work, and picked him up and took him but of course my plans for the day were totally dead!.

A phone call to NRMA about insurance only to find out that I didn't have the "extra" of glass insurance and any claim would be $600 excess! NO WAY!

Another call to O'Briens and I found out that having them come and repair the window would be $458...Again NO WAY!

I grew up in the country where the first quote was never the best and that car wreckers were the best option. so onto the phone again I went calling around looking for the window thinking it was going to be my weekend project. I found a few and they were $77 and $110 for the window... Now that is more like it ! then I hit the jackpot.......Longwreck wreckers  in Smithfield.... $60 for the glass and they put it in for $50..

So it took an hour and a bit, and they are half an hour from home... but ... saving over $300 to get the same result! O'Briens is just a total rip off.


So the police came and took the report, and the forensic guy came for fingerprints ( no luck) and off I went to Smithfield to get the window done.

Back home again I thought I would ask around and see if anyone heard anything, and I spoke to one of the neighbours in the complex and found out that my house, and carspace had been targeted previously when the past tenants had been here. She remembered at least 3 occasions which does not fill me with confidence at all. So today I am off to buy one of those kids door alarm things. the police have suggested that anything that turns on or makes a noise is a deterrent...  I really hope it works.....

No comments:

Post a Comment