Photo gallery

Friday, August 13, 2010

Blast from the past

Ok I know twice in one day..... but my head is reeling...

Firstly I have to stand up and say.... Hi my name is Kristie and I am a Facebook-aholic..

What did we do without it... How could I every have gotten in touch with someone who I hadn't spoken to in 15 years... Oh that's right.. it wouldn't have happened!!!!

Let me paint the picture for you... I was in year 8 and he was in year 11... and we fell for each other after a very embarrassing incident at a School Disco when a friend set me up by sending her brothers friend over to talk to me... I could go upstairs at this point and pull out my old diary and re-write the occurances of the night but let me tell you simply...
I was painfully shy... I didn't talk to boys, dance with boys or do anything with boys... with the exception of a few ultra close friend in our immediate "group" who I had been friends with since year 7.

So this guy sits next to me and asks me to dance ... and I just about die... I could have killed Liz... and I really wanted an hole to open up and swallow me but eventually we danced and danced all night... he kept coming in for the slow ones and I kept backing off... How I didn't end up against the wall I don't know but I definitely kept him at arms length. After that night and for the next couple of weeks we were together recess and lunch... talking laughing etc etc... I was smitten but then the end of year came, holidays and we lived 30mins away from each other out in the central west where there is no public transport so I called it off... and hated myself for it.

The next year he was with another girl... and I was devastated but eventually I won him back, and we were together again ... inseparable, but now he was in year 12... and was going to be finishing school and I had 3 years to go. It got to the end of the year and his mates were turning 18 and he and GF were invited to a party... So... with the help of a friend who was also seeing a year 12 guy, we went..

I was supposed to be at her home for the weekend but we spent friday night at the party with our respective guys... I was with G all night, chatting and then we slept part of the night at his aunts place... and before you ask... no nothing other than some touchy feely happened (and lots of kissing).

It was amazing, then I went to his Cricket match where he got out on the first bowl (a duck?) before heading back to Trishs for the rest of the weekend.

I thought I had gotten away with it... but two weeks later my mum found out and after a heap of "I'm disappointed's" etc etc I was grounded for a year.... YES A YEAR!!! from the 7th Dec to the 8th dec the next year I was only allowed to go to school events, no sleep overs no parties just school Discos..... (and she stuck to it)

Unfortunately because of my exile and because he had finished school and living so far away we lost touch.. He didn't call and I couldn't so that was the end..
I admit to keeping in touch with what he was doing and found out where he worked... at a news agency... and when we went to town shopping I would force myself in there to see what he would say, but he always ignored me and I was devastated.

he broke my heart........

So Back to Facebook...... I get home last night and I had a friend request... after doing a quick survey and stalkbook to see what he had been up to I thought... what the hell I'll accept... he wont talk to me but I wont feel rude...
BUT no ... tonight ... Facebook chat pops up a message... and we chat... a little of this a little of that...
I mentioned that I found his old letter when i moved a couple of weeks ago and he still has mine... BUT .... Knife through my heart.. he is married and has a daughter.....

So... it was niceish to talk to him.. to catch up ... but having to admit to someone you once thought was your world... that you are a single un-working mother... well that not exactly what I was hoping the conversation was going to be when I imagined it all those years ago.....

But I will say.... it wasn't a horrible conversation Captain Koala... not horrible at all!


UPDATE:.... Later in the night we started chatting again... and apparently us loosing touch was a comedy of errors... he thought I was avoiding him and while he tried to call he would chicken out and hang up if anyone else answered the phone, I send him a card and letter for his birthday and he never got it but I thought he was avoiding me... what might have happened if fate hadn't stepped in and screwed that one up!

No comments:

Post a Comment