Photo gallery

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Sunny Saturday/Sunday

I had a lovely day yesterday.. actually got up and stayed up at 9 when Will went off to his dads for the day and night...
Had a lovely breakfast poached eggs and avocado on Rice toast (damn gluten intolerance... but GF bread is good toasted), then made up the shopping list... then took the majority of the day trying to find good bargains at Aldis and Woolworths... but still spent way too much... (Bloody gluten free food).

I also visited a great fabric shop (the Remnant Warehouse in Alexandria) intending to only by some interfacing, But..... this is what I ended up with... I really do hope I sell lots of books next weekend otherwise I am in serious trouble with myself! There's a bag of scraps,spotty remnant rolls, calico for the dolls, and cotton in various colours for the patch working ... a disappearing texta so I can stop using pencil on my work and can do better lettering,and embroidery, and of course the white interfacing.

THEN!!! I got to go and visit the newest addition tot he Nelson family, beautiful and placid 8 day old Grace... I'm afraid to say she was either in a feeding frenzy or will be a Dummy girl... because she spend a good hour sucking my hand/ finger/ and nudging my boobs (definitely not going to get anything out of there!) I tell you so many of my friends are having kids now... If I was going to get clucky I would be now.. they are so cute.. but it all floods back in about when will was a baby, screaming because of reflux, not sleeping, puking everywhere all the time... ... But then there was also the lazy morning sleep-ins, and the sunning ourselves on the back lawn.... first steps, talking and all that.. But still I don't think I would really go back to that sleep deprived state unless I found a man who desperately wanted kids..... and who was willing to help out ... A LOT!!!

Anyway ... back to the sunny days, the cuddles were awesome... P and D are so clever...

I had a lazy night, just on the computer chatting to friends and relaxing... this morning was football... Wills last game for the season, next weekend is a Saturday round robin game so he is with his dad and will go with him to that, and then they have an exhibition game at Leichhardt Oval but today was the last of the early games... YAY!


We came home thinking it would be a nice day for a picnic lunch in the park , and washing on the line, but .... within 5 minutes...

so a lazy day at home it will be....

I'm attempting cooking some bread rolls, (which William just said... "what's that wonderful smell" so hopefully it will taste just as good) and will do some pumpkin and Bacon soup to cook for the afternoon for dinner with some fresh made bread!. I also have the makings for a lasagna and Spaghetti Bolognese so might get them going too... a load of washing in the machine, and then..... Books and dolls for the afternoon....
Sounds like bliss

No comments:

Post a Comment