Photo gallery

Friday, August 13, 2010

Friday the 13th....

Well today is another start for this little blog... Maybe I will keep it up this time!!!
 
I am not generally a superstitious person...  I know the superstitions but don't really follow them.... but .... Friday the 13th... I really should have taken the phone off the hook, disconnected the internet, and stayed in bed!

I am so sick of stress...  It is making me a horrible mother, friend and person in general.Who wants to be around a person who is constantly stressed and embroiled in drama....
I wish I could just hand my bank account and diary over to someone else and let them deal with it and just tell me what to do.

I found out today that because I couldn't work for part of the year, and my income was therefore less, that Williams Child support entitlement is also less.... Why should my income or ability to work or not affect Wills fathers commitment to his child.... Its not like it is going to cost any less to raise him this week than last week, but unless I earn more money (but not too much more because if I earn more than the dad then his requirement also goes down), then "dad" has less financial responsibility, and therefore Will misses out or I have to try and pull the money from somewhere else.

The election and taxes and that range of things too is a complete mess to me.... Do i vote for Gillard or Abbott.... who/what is going to end up costing me more... Gillard's taxes or Abbots workplace relations laws...

So I got paid today.... decided to do the responsible thing and pay the bills and then do groc shopping, and I now have just over $100 to last the fortnight.... How to you explain that to a child... that there is no more dinner out, no Thai takeaway, no treats or special presents because you are so close to the poverty line... Oh and please don't suggest me asking "dad" to help out more... His view is he pays what CSA tell him to and that's it... He won't contribute to school excursions, sporting costs or anything else because that is what Child Support is supposed to cover. My god... $35 a week barely covers his food.... let alone anything else.

So this weeks tasks are
  • try and set a budget that I can maybe stick to....
  • start really looking for part-time work
  • find some cheap bulk buys for meat and veg to try and decrease the grocery bill..
On the upside... maybe I can stop eating all together... that will take care of the loose weight part of my new years resolution and save some money... LOL

1 comment:

  1. It just doesn't seem right... you can't be expected to live like that... I wish I could do something for you, just know I am always round for a chat :-)

    ReplyDelete