Photo gallery

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Weekend Wonderment

Oh what a weekend it has been!
It all started on Friday afternoon, I found out that, after moving into this place 6 weeks ago the owner has decided to sell... what that means for me I am not sure... more about that later.

Friday late afternoon was football training followed by a quick change of clothes for the LM before a kids disco party at Glitter Kids. Oh and boy there was glitter, I was surprised when the drains were not clogged when he showered after coming home.

Saturday started very EARLY. Let me tell you I am not an early morning person so having to get up so the LM would be ready for pick up at 6.45 for football. I was very lucky that another of the teams parents could take the LM to the game as his DD decided that he HAD to vote at 8am which meant be couldn't possibly take him to the field even though he committed to taking him.

I had made arrangements to have my first Journal selling market stall yesterday and while I could have gone later in the day and dropped will to the game I didn't want to risk the sales. Money is so tight at the moment that I really wanted to get some sales and cash into the "funny money" kitty so that Will and I could do some things before I end up back in surgery again. That and the fact my sisters wedding is happening in October and is costing me miles more than i thought possible.

BUT.... In the end I had a great day... Took 36 books with me and sold 17 which was good I think. It was strange that some I thought would sell are still here and others I didn't really think were good enough flew off the table.
Ended up easily covering my costs for the day (table hire and stall spot) and also bought a few things at the market, thai for dinner and still came in with enough funny money for Will and I to do something fun next weekend.

TODAY we had a total jammies day. Neither of us got out of out jammies until after 6pm and that was only to shower/bath and get in another pair.
We had GF pancakes for brunch, rice crackers and smoked salmon dip for afternoon tea and left-over thai (for me ) and Left-over pancakes (for the LM) for dinner... oh and of course copious cups of tea.

I have caught up on bloggs, watch some TV, made up a contact tab for my Facebook page (Final Eternity Designs) read some of my current book "the last song" for the book club, and watched the LM play some  games on the computer and watch his favourite team play on TV.

I am amazed by his concentration some times. I barely heard a word from him while he was concentrating on Bloons 5, and then sometimes he would burst out into song. There was one about being in Year 2, then of course there was the Chanting to the Tigers hoping they would win against his DD's team the Eels.... Which of course they did!

His little tongue darts out from his mouth when something is difficult, or when he is really trying to get his team across the line. Sometimes it really does help to just stop and watch him somedays.

No comments:

Post a Comment