Photo gallery

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Letting go

Over the last couple of days I have realised that I have taken on more that I could handle.

I honestly believed that trying to stand up for my rights as far as the tenancy situation was concerned was a good thing, unfortunately it left me in a more stressful and emotional position. After stressing all last week and spending most of monday morning crying I finally gave in. I have permitted the real estate 2 open houses a week, I will be here when she wanted painters/handymen to fix things and basically agree to anything they want as long as I don't have to move out. I made this decision on monday and felt better about it but still wasn't really letting it go.

Tuesday hit me hard again, thinking I had once again made the wrong decision and that I was letting too much control of the situation go to someone else. so again I spent tuesday morning in tears before straightening myself up to visit a friend and her month old daughter who is so placid and beautiful. It was with her that I realised there was more to life than this crap with the house.
We went on a stroll and came along this beautiful group..... I couldn't believe how this one scene changed my mood... but it as a definate turning point for me .. knowing that the seasons really had changed.


I decided to let it go, but then I started getting calls from the agent organising open times and painters and again i realised I had still not given over control. I was still regreting my decisions and blaming it all on me.

Wednesday was a good friends birthday and I was still feeling very fragile. Had a horrible morning with the LM I think he is definitely reacting to what is happening around us. I was not sure whether I should meet up with her for lunch or not. I didn't want to bring the mood down, but I didn't want to disappoint her  by not showing up either. So I got dressed and got out of the house... which was probably the best thing I could have done. I avoided the situation as long as I could. So dress on, makeup on and with a list of to-do's I got out of the house and started doing some things I had been putting off, because the list seemed insurmountable!

Lunch at Tomodachi sushi train was wonderful, and have a leisurely chat about other things helped too. I gave my dear friend a run down of what had been happening the last couple of weeks and I began to realised its not my fault that the real estate is being difficult, all I can do is try and buy myself some time and hope that whoever buys it doesn't want to live in it, and that I don't have to move any time soon. I lovely Thai massage after dinner got rid of the rest of the stress and tension in my back and butt!

Then I went to my wonderful seamstress friends, laden with some recent purchases that needed some alterations including my bridesmaid's dress for my sisters wedding, and a GF Chocolate cake for dessert (my portion of the dinner ... Yum!), which came after a beautiful home made Shepards pie (crustless).

I don't think the dog, Toby, was very happy about not getting any chocolate cake, so he raided the bun for the packet which got stuck on his head, and then he went back in for the paper that was in the base of the cake tin. Very humorous to watch and I just had to share... I hope this will teach him that bags are not good since he couldn't quite sort out how to get it off!

 After dinner we had an impromptu dancing exhibition from the 2 girls and my son...Some swing dancing and the heal and toe polka also made an appearance though we found it didn't matter how much my LM wanted to dance... if the dog wanted to join in the LM jumped back on the lounge and into the covers of pillows.

It really was a wonderful day and night and I think I can finally say that I have turned the corner on the handing over some control...


2 comments:

  1. Your dog is reminding me of the time my dog got into my home-made chicken coop to devour the chook's food - she walks into the kitchen with the roof around her head (she'd poked her head through the hole so that was around her neck). Looking suitably sheepish/embarrassed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my friends pup... he is soo cute.. but also a little devil... got the chocolate paper out of the bin the other night and very calmly left the room as if to say... nothing to see here.... I didn't know dogs could be addicted to chocolate but he totally sniffs it out

    ReplyDelete