Photo gallery

Monday, September 20, 2010

Nice day

Just a quick one today ..

Heard some very sad news tonight about a friend of a friend loosing a 2 year old to cancer so today ... whilst I may not be the best friend, best mother, best exerciser, best eater, etc etc, I hope I can stop beating myself up about it all and do something about it...

I took the high ground last night in an email fuelled argument with my LM's father. I am sick of his need to arrange life around himself and his commitments instead of taking more consideration of what other people may need... but I also realised that he is that way, will always be that way, and nothing I will ever say is going to change it.
He seems to enjoy questioning my parenting and started spouting what he has learnt from books as if it has any real basis on life considering he has as yet not had to implement it.
so I am denoting him to the sand heap (see last post to understand this) and have decided that William is a golf ball, and because of that I decided to stop arguing and to just ask for the basics, to realise that he will always be on the back foot, and be passive aggressive.... but I don't need to be like that with the dad.

I spend hours yesterday formulating a detailed and semi nasty email, when I could have been spending time doing all sorts of nice things...


I then deleted it and send a very straight forward and to the point email which i think was the better thing to send.

What do you do when you have parenting conflicts????

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment