Photo gallery

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Week-a-Boo ~ A peek into your weekEND

Oh.. what a weekend!

Saturday was relatively quiet with some basic cleaning needing to be done and then drop off to the school some (a boot load) of things for the white elephant stall they are having at the Fete next weekend.

I can't believe the amount of things they have been donated, so there should be heaps of things available for anyone and everyone next sunday at LPS.

I treated myself to a yummy diner. My KM was at his dads for the night so I went shopping for a couple of necessities, and ended up with feta, olives, etc etc and made a Roast Pumpkin and Rice salad with chicken (stuffed with feta, olive and rocket).

I don't normally cook with such decadence, but because it was just for me and because I knew I didn't have to cook another meal for the kid I knew I could do this just for me.

The left over roast pumpkin and capsicum went into making a pumpkin and chickpea salad for sunday lunch (an easy and simple Gluten Free salad that is a but of a staple around our house in summer.

And that brings us to Sunday. When we were in Bondi last weekend we saw the flyer for the "Festival of the Winds". I have been meaning to go for years and have always been busy or found out it was on too late.
So I immediately send an SMS around to get a group together to head down. In the end I spent most of the day on the beach with Annie and her 2 girls and Will of course. The kites were flying, the sun was shining and in true form Bondi was a multicultural mix of locals, visitors and travelers all revelling in the sun sand and sights of the day!

 I really need to make more of an effort to do these things ... it was a relatively cheap day out, lots of fun, active and the day went so fast!


Oh .. but ops... summer is here... anyone know how to fix this in 4 weeks to wear a strapless dress for my sisters wedding??? Please note the finger prints on my shoulders... yes apparently I did try and put suncream on.

 What did you do this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment